I like lists. I like creating and maintaining them, even though I’m not always the best at that second part. What follows is an incomplete list of lists that I’m enjoying adding things to over time.
In general, new items will be added to the top of each list.
Lessons Learned 🔗
- When you notice someone giving unrequested advice (to yourself or others) ask if they’ve been in a similar situation before and how it went. It separates the wheat from the chaff.
- Try things that you think are not for you, and try to understand why other people like them. “I don’t like it…yet.”
Funny Phrases 🔗
- I never speak in absolutes.
Things I Don’t Understand 🔗
- Speed limit controlled by aircraft signs.
- How sewing machines work. I’ve tried, and it escapes my comprehension every time.
Notably Unique Sentences 🔗
My Secret Weird Things 🔗
- Whenever someone mentions winking, or really anytime I think about the act of winking, I have to wink to see if I can still do it.
Punny Businesses 🔗
- Manifest Dentistry*
- Hay There Farms*
- Lawn and Order
*Jarrod Blundy originals
The 10 Essentials 🔗
- First Aid
- Sun Protection
Best Icebreaker Questions 🔗
- What’s your second favorite food?
- If you could name a new kind of berry, what would you call it?
- If you could have any animal tail, to scale, which tail would you choose?
Favorite Quotes 🔗
- “If you can learn to complete projects on time and put up with a little bit of bullshit, you can do almost anything you want in life.”
— Merlin Mann
- “The first casualty of war is always the plan.”
—Paraphrased from Helmuth von Moltke, Quote Investigator
- “Older people sit down and ask, ‘What is it?’ but the boy asks, ‘What can I do with it?’”
—Steve Jobs, about the Macintosh in Playboy Interviews
- “I’d rather be optimistic and wrong than pessimistic and right.”
—John Voorhees, Ruminate Podcast
- “Fear is temporary. Regret is forever.”
Very Good Tweets™ 🔗
Not always tweets.
I guess the check from Dorsey bounced
Calling accidental FaceTimes “ButtTimes”