How Much Do I Have to Save for Vision Pro?
Use Apple Shortcuts to calculate a per day, week, and month amount you’ll need to save up for the Vision Pro.
The Apple Vision Pro starts at $3499 in the USA and is a significantly higher price than expected. If you want to know just how many pennies you have to save up to afford it, just run this shortcut or ask Siri, “How how much do I have to save for Vision Pro?”
When run, the shortcut asks how much you have saved up so far, and then calculates the difference you’ll need to save between now and January 1st, 2024 (seeing as Apple said it’s coming in “early 2024”).
Upon installation, the shortcut will ask for the cost of Vision Pro in your country, as well as the sales tax rate in your area. You can always update those amounts in case you want to purchase a higher-specced (and higher-priced) version by editing the shortcut later.
The origin of this shortcut can be found in this microblog post.
Latest Release Notes
Version 1.2 - Updated 2023-11-27
- Added a congratulatory message when you reach your savings goal, and the math and checks necessary to know when you’ve done so.
- Removed the dashes from the list of need-to-save amounts so they don’t look like negative numbers.
- Added import setup questions for the cost of the Vision Pro you want, the local tax rate, and the launch date.
- Download version 1.2
Version 1.1 - July 4, 2023, 7:45pm
- Added Description and About ‘Comment’ actions to explain what the shortcut does, who made it, and how to get the latest version.
- Added Import Questions for local Vision Pro cost and tax rate.
- Added a ‘Date’ action to use as a
vp-release-datevariable so that it can easily be edited when we know the actual release date for Vision Pro.
- Updated the final alert text to include the release date and a plea.
Version 1.0 - June 5, 2023
- Introducing version 1.0 of this shortcut!
- Download version 1.0
Thanks for checking out this shortcut! It’s part of the HeyDingus Shortcuts Library. Although it isn’t required, I’d certainly appreciate attribution if you use or share my shortcuts. ✌️